Originally Posted by 1899sav
1st off Not all will be sharp as a point.
The stocks were all hand finished and fitted.
No 2 would be alike,J.M.O.
I will never understand when a nice gun appears, some one always has to pick fly shiz out of nat's arse.

This group has never been shy about giving an honest assessment of someone's rifle when they post pictures... its a known fact that it will occur and we warn Newbies all the time to be fair warned their rifle will get picked apart.

I don't think anyone was rude or mean at least not until Steven thought it was necessary to tell Rory he did not think he could tell what an original rifle looked like even if he tripped over it.

Steven says all the time that he likes a person that is honest and will tell it like it is... I'm calling a spade a spade... the gun looks sanded... if its not, I'd like to learn how one tells the difference... I'd like to see some statistical proof also showing a number of similar rifles from the period that represent the difference. I've offered up one from a few years before that looks sanded and would like to know what others think and what criteria ppl use to distinguish the difference.

Like so many of our posts, you learn from asking these detailed questions and seeing examples of different rifles... this is the perfect opportunity to learn something...

Andrew