This thread reminds me of something. Up until my Dad died last December, every time I visited him I would always bring at least a few of my most recent firearm acquisitions to show him. He always enjoyed this. My Dad was a perfectionist by nature and this flowed through to about everything he did. As he examined the pieces I would show him, most all were antique or vintage firearms and virtually none were new in the box condition. As he examined each gun his fingers would quickly move to whatever sort of defect the gun might have - like a small nick in the wood, rub mark in the blue etc. and he would always say, "too bad it has this." I was always quite annoyed by this as 1) it was painfully obvious to me that the gun would be better without the defect, and 2) often except for a small defect, the gun was a really fine specimen and one to be proud of. Like a lot of us, my Dad knew what perfect was and if something was short of perfection, it got noticed. It's just a natural orientation to the world. I think all of us agree that even if LBK's gun is a notch short of perfect, that doesn't mean it's not a very nice gun and he should be proud to own it.