Originally Posted by Burleyboy
8 twist brux light palma, rem action single point trued by Jim See, B&C stock, currently wears a Nitrex 6-20x50 but has a Vortex Viper HS 5-15x40 mil/mil on back order for it.

Bb

I was going to be pretty close to that but go 7.5 on the brux in light palma finished at 26". As MM mentioned you want to be able to throw the 115s and I have seen 8 twist that would not do it under all temperatures or altitudes. Depending on the contour you might ask for a longer shank for setting the barrel back at about 2000 rounds. If you sweet talk Brux they will rebarrel your action for $150 (that was last year, might be to busy now).

I would go with the BC light tactical for about $200, DNZ mounts with 20-30moa of cant for $75 (damn tough to beat for a ring and base combo) and if you had the itch for a detachable magazine PTG has gotten in the game with an intro offer of $99. For glass I really like th SWFA SS 5x20 but I know that will bounce you over the budget.

Last edited by varmintsinc; 05/10/12.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper