Well, I shot the donor. Looks like the Krieger can wait grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I threw together a couple of random loads with the 105gr A-Max and 87gr V-Max, just to see what the factory barrel would do. I don't even know how far off the lands the bullets are sitting with these loads, but it didn't seem to matter much. I fired 1 shot to get on paper at 35 yards, then backed up to 200 yards, and the 2nd shot down the barrel is off to the left on the first target, then the next 6 shots went into the group at center. Oddly enough, the shots started to walk down a little as the barrel warmed up. The next 4 rounds (87gr VM) were fired on the second target (the holes that are highlighted were not shot with this rifle). Groups were shot with a 2.5-8x36.

Rem 700 Varmint .243, going to be punched AI in the next week or two, I just ordered an A5 in Rhino camo, tuned the X-Mark pro trigger as well as it can be tuned (I'll pick up a Shilen at some point), and that's about it for now. It's got 30mm Burris Sig rings riding on top, and I'll likely end up with a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA reticle unless somebody convinces me the SIII is a better scope for what I'm doing.

Gonna get it punched AI, then I'll coat the bore with DBC, the exterior with DGS, and start load development. I'm thinking that with some tweaking, it should hold about 0.5MOA if it can keep doing what it's doing! I've got a pile of 105AM, 105HPBT, and some 87VM to play with. Going to pick up some 80gr TTSX at some point, as well.