Dan I lived in Mineral Wells for the last 6 years, and although i work in west Texas now I am based out of a shop that is on the base. I spend every free moment I have at PK. In fact my next set of days off will be spent floating around at Hells Gate. Do you remember a bar right outside of the front gate and back towards town that is a big rounded building? Its called Woodys now and i hear it got pretty rowdy back in the day.

The base is pretty run down and its mostly industrial businesses now. Excuse my terminology but the "on base houses" are now a run down neighborhood full of crime and drugs. The hospital is abandoned and last year there was an arsonist burning down a bunch of buildings. Turned out to be a cop setting the fires. What I assume was the main barracks is now a prison.

When you go in the gate if you go all the way to the back left (north west corner) of the base, that is our shop. Do you remember what it was used for? It has a tall roof, with a paint booth and a big ramp out back. Im assuming the ramp was used for auto maintenance.