Speaking for myself only: to virtually all of the people of my age that I know and call friend, you guys ARE our heroes, Dan. I mean that.

I'll tell you this, too: had I, or any of the same men I'm talking about above, ever seen any of you returning servicemen getting any shyt from any protester, hippie or random stranger on the street, you wouldn't have had to have lifted a finger or worried about just being left be. They'd have been dealt with with the same amount of respect that they'd demonstrated to the men they were deriding--none. A proper face stomping can make for a drastic attitude adjustment. I know this to be fact.

That's something I never understood, BTW. It was an unpopular, divisive and brutal war, yes, one with 'atrocities' that also happened to be widely broadcast. Yet the fact that so many turned out to attack the soldiers, as if it was strictly up to them to wage war? Does not compute.

Lastly, nah man, thank *you*, and all the former servicemen here who served our nation*. Same goes for our boys today, wherever they be, in harm's way or not.

Look into getting it published, please.

Edit: sentiment is the same for all the men currently serving as well, obviously.

Last edited by kamo_gari; 11/27/12.