Originally Posted by cavman
From a fellow Banshee Trooper (although a few generations removed) please do write a book. You have some awesome stories in these pages and a very unique way of telling them. I am going to bring all my Cav buddies in here to read it, I know I spend a whole night glued to my computer screen dreading getting to page 7. If you have some time I encourage you to visit www.kiowapilots.net and post this there as well. It's a pretty much an online scout pilot's hooch and the input and experience from your era would be invaluable there. I know I can relate to 80% of the tactics you describe here. We forgot a lot of them and had to relearn quickly once the current conflicts evolved into full blown counterinsurgency warfare. Take care and I hope I get to meet you in person one day.

Wow...didn't see this one coming! Give my best to the scouts and thanks for your service! Appreciate the link. Was up at Ft. Campbell last May for what I recall as the ceremony for the return of colors to the Fort by 2/17 ACS. Told the squadron CO he looked too young to be in charge of that many pirates.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain