Originally Posted by barm
Ted,

Thank you for the response. I will have to get some for my uncle and cousin to try in their rifles. If I choose to load some in my 6BR, do you think the lower velocity would still allow adequate expansion on deer?

I think they would work fine.
They have a good soft point on them. The reason they call them "Hotcore" is because they add the lead while molten to get it to adhere to the jacket material.
Not exactly a bonded bullet like todays, but definately a tougher bullet than the Speer boatail C&Cs (Vernan Speer was ahead of the times on some things).
The pass thru shots I've had were all ribcage shots and blacktail deer are not generally large and don't offer alot of resistance thru the ribs.
Where I hunt can change from wooded areas with shorter shots and nearby alot of wide open spaces where the shots are longer.
I've shot deer out 200-400yds or so with them with lower velocity impact speeds and they expanded fine and stayed in the deer.
I wouldn't be afraid to use them in your 6BR at all.
There are plenty of other good bullets out there as well - I think a 95gr Nosler Ballistic Tip would be a dandy out of your 6BR on deer (plus they are on average more accurate).

Good Luck whatever you decide,
Ted smile