Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by strawman
Originally Posted by Brad
Not all opinions are equal, because not all opinions are formed with enough experience to, in this case, a wide variety of packs over many years.

Hamburger is great if all you ever eaten is rice and chicken... but that doesn't make it steak and no amount of wishing will change that.

That's actually a good example of what I'm talking about Brad. You're basically saying that because you prefer steak, everyone else should too. Of course, there are are plenty of people who prefer hamburger, chicken, or fish, or even vegetables. It's not always a case of "not having experience" as much as it is having different preferences or in the case of packs, different body types or needs.

You've completely missed the point... I take what most people say about internal frames with a healthy dose of skepticism, as most I know have only a bit of experience over a couple years with a couple of packs.

This isn't about steak... as you well know.

This is about thinking one thing is great, when you haven't enough experience to really know if it's great or not.

As an example, an alarmingly large amount of photos of packs being worn on this site are living proof many really don't know the first thing about fitting or driving an internal frame.

And I'm going to take pack advice from such?

Not likely...

I get it Brad, and I agree with you to a degree.

I'm not calling you out by any means, I'm not talking about anyone in particular. I'm just saying, far too many people tend to think that if a pack works for them it should work for others the same, and vice versa. That's what I meant with the steak comment, just because one person likes steak (or a Mystery Ranch) doesn't mean someone else wouldn't be better off with chicken (or a Kifaru).

I don't mind reading about why or why not a person likes a pack. I just think it's funny when people say something is or isn't good (usually with much stronger language/opinions), when it's all very subjective.