Originally Posted by Brad
For me, a pack needs to get bent forward and around/above the shoulders more than the way the pack in your picture and the Stone Glacier web pic on the previous page shows. That's why I was (overly) harsh commenting about it. It can't ride over/above the shoulders because it's a rigid frame and can't be shaped. Really, no different than an external. But at least, unlike the MR NICE packs, the load lifters ride nice and high an that's an improvement. A pack that's over you shoulders, rather than well behind them (like the Stone Glacier), will ride closer to your spinal column/center of gravity, and if packed properly, won't feel like it's pulling you backwards. It will carry far better and be far less fatiguing.

Here's a crude visual of what I mean when I wrote the above, and essentially how an internal should look if properly fitted to one's back... load lifters in red:

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery