If I am understaning it right the two stays that are vertical should be outside your back on the sides. The two crossed stays are directly behind your back. If there is enough of a space between your back, the crossed stays, and the outside stays it should create a pocket for your back that the torso and lumbar pads should buffer. That would eliminate the need to account for a back profile, kinda like an external. But I am talking out my azz as I have not seen it and the pictures do not tell enough of the story for me.

EDIT: I just seen a different picture and looks like my theory might be wrong. Looks pretty flat all the way up the frame. Send out a tester to me and I could tell everyone what the deal is. grin

Kurt, I would like to se some more pictures and how the frame is setup with dimentions included. I actually have some interest in this pack as it looks a lot better than the KUIU design. The packs weight and load rating is also impressive and I like the choice of fabrics. BTW, the Kuiu frame actually fits me pretty good, although that was just trying it on not going for a 10 mile hike or anything.

Last edited by Big_W; 08/13/12.