Originally Posted by woods
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Hey Scenarshooter! (and all those challenged with handloading)
Here's what the 130 Swift Scirocco does out of my .264 Winchester Magnum...

[Linked Image]

I think this is a special bullet (as told to me by a good friend, and my experience confirms it) as its construction, BC, and devastation on meat is second to none!

If you are elk hunting or any other big game hunting, the .264 mm Swift Scirocco rules!

....and that's at 3250.

I wouldn't think of shooting any of the bullets mentioned here which all happen to be of lesser construction, into an elk at that velocity. At the anemic velocities produced by the 6.5x47 and .260 smile you could probably get away with shooting a tin foil bullet like the Berger

grin

I like the way you think grasshopper! And your opinion that mine needed to be seated at .060" off turned out to be entirely correct thus illustrating that even the master can learn from the student! grin

Good to hear it woods! You'll never learn as much from me as I have from you!

Originally Posted by smokepole
Hey Scenarshooter! (and all those challenged with handloading)
Here's what the 130 Swift Scirocco does out of my .264 Winchester Magnum...

I think this is a special bullet (as told to me by a good friend, and my experience confirms it) as its construction, BC, and devastation on meat is second to none!

If you are elk hunting or any other big game hunting, the .264 mm Swift Scirocco rules!

Tell me again why "devastation on meat" is a good thing?

I might have gotten carried away with that statement.

I meant that from what I have experienced, the bullet stays intact well and penetrates well. I haven't killed anything larger than a small Barbary sheep and a few coyotes with it out of my .264, but from what I see I would have no problem using it on elk at the high velocities the .264 WM produces.

It has a better BC than the other bullets mentioned, better construction than the bullets mentioned with comparable BC's, and it actually expands and holds together mushrooming larger than the monometal bullet mentioned.

At the velocities we are talking about with the 6.5x47, a monometal is unnecessary and may pencil through.

I've shot the 130 and 140 accubonds and was disappointed.

The 140's have too much bearing surface. Low velocities when pressure is found. The 130's were fair but the Swift Scirocco blew them away with BC, construction, and accuracy.

Alan,
The Barnes look good out of your rifle. And for elk, given what you have on hand, are the one to stick with IMHO.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.