Actually used two accubonds on two of those pigs. One of them was not needed, but just insurance. That one (the top one in the above post) went down immediately for a few seconds then got back up and started running so I hit him again. He would have died quickly, had I let him, as I had put the first accubond through both lungs, but pigs are just dang tough...

The second shot on the black one was definitely needed. He was running straight away from me at 200 yards when I caught him directly in the poop chute. He went down in the hind quarters immediately, allowing me to catch up to him. When I did, he was up on his front legs popping his very large tusks at me and I put another through him broadside. That is the one I recovered.

Here's a couple of more I shot with 115gr VLDs from my .257 Wby. I hit the top one broadside through both lungs at (IIRC) a bit under two hundred yards. He went maybe twenty yards, leaving a massive blood trail. The other was running dead away from me at over two hundred yards and I put a 115gr VLD directly in her poop chute and she went down immediately. Very dead by the time I got to her...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14