Originally Posted by GSSP
I've completed my accuracy testing and all three are 1/2 to 3/4 MOA shooters. Velocites are similar for the first two, 2800 fps, but the third runs 2940 fps. Quary will be elk, whitetail or mule deer in Western Montana, 1st week of their season; 3rd Saturday. Any experience with the three? Good? Bad? Success or failures?

127 LRX, .468 bc
130 AB, .488 bc
130 VLD, .552 bc

Alan

I shot this buck with a 6.5 130gr Accubond. Hit him through both lungs and he ran maybe 30 yards before going down. Exit wound was maybe half dollar sized.

[Linked Image]

...and this pig.

[Linked Image]

with this 6.5 130gr accubond.

[Linked Image]

The pig measured 60" from the tip of his nose to the base of his tail and 30" from the bottom of his front hoof to the top of his shoulder. Recovered the accubond from under the gristle shield on the off side.

Shot this buck with a 6.5 130gr VLD.

[Linked Image]

Very slightly quartering away at 230 yards. No exit wound and he ran maybe 50 yards give or take.

...and this coyote with a 6.5 VLD.

[Linked Image]

He was quartering to me. Bullet exited and I found a chunk of lung the size of a card deck behind the song dog.

... and this bobcat with another 6.5 130gr VLD.

[Linked Image]

He was bout 130 yards. VLD left a baseball sized exit.

...and this pig with a couple of 6.5 130gr VLDs.

[img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Hondo64d/35f1d3e2.jpg[/img]

He jumped up in the tall grass at about 15 feet from me and I was able to get crosshairs on him by about 25 feet and put one in him. Though poorly placed, that pretty much stopped him within a few feet and I put another in him to finish. Neither exited and I did no autopsy, but he was instantly too sick to keep moving.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 08/19/12. Reason: add picture

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14