Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't doubt that the Scirocco's a good bullet, but just curious as to how you can conclude this:

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
....and it actually expands and holds together mushrooming larger than the monometal bullet mentioned.

In light of this?:

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I haven't killed anything larger than a small Barbary sheep and a few coyotes with it out of my .264,

The reason I ask is that the 130 Scirocco is a bullet I'm interested in for elk, just couldn't get it to shoot as good as a 140 Berger in my last .264 WM. Maybe with the new barrel that's just about done I'll give it another go.

My conclusion is from seeing the wounds in my animals. Also from a friends experience who is a guide on his own ranch. He shot a bull elk in the head to put it down after a tracking job. They recovered the Scirocco in the skull and it was a perfect mushroom. I also hunted Oryx with him and when we were processing his bull, a Scirocco fell out from under the skin. Again, a textbook mushroom with at least 80% weight retention.

I've found them to really like a certain seating depth so I would concentrate there on a few tests before you give up.

6br,
I haven't killed anything with the 130 AB, but I had 180 out of my .300 fail and schrapnel on a mule deer on a really close shot. Bow range. They work well at rifle ranges.

A side note: I heard that Nosler toughened up the Ballistic Tips. I had an experience that confirmed it. I bet they are close in performance now to the AB. It was a good change.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.