I have only fired a couple of boxes of factory ammo through my Howa 1500 in 6.5x55. The old Federal Premium 140 gr TBBC was the most accurate and fastest over the chronograph, at only 2411 fps. Of course, it is no longer available, but I still have 3 boxes stashed. Both the Federal blue box and the Prvi ammo only chronoed around 2300 fps and accuracy was okay, around 2 inch groups at 100 yards off the bench. My Howa is not a tack driver, but it does perform acceptably well with Hornady 140 gr Spire Points and Accurate Data Powder 86 (a non cannister version of 3100). If I had to buy factory ammo today, I would go for the Federal Fusion for the more reasonably priced ammo, and the Nosler Custom ammo, if it is still available. The Prvi is the cheapest, and would probably work for deer hunting or practice. Just plan on a thorough cleaning of your rifle after shooting. Cabela's has it online for just $16.97 per box. New Lapua brass is almost as much money, without the primers powder or bullet!