I would happen to disagree with Rock Chuck. The Bible is God's revelation to humanity about who God is and what God has done. And God's act of salvation in Jesus Christ is not limited to humanity - in Christ ALL things are made new. Even in the visions of hope and the new kingdom in Revelation the visions are not limited to humanity, but expanded to include ALL of God's creation. I don't believe God has the same relationship with animals as God has with humans, but I believe God seeks to make creation as he created it - good and very good. The Psalms testify to all of creation praising God most high and the inclusive nature of God's salvation for creation through Jesus Christ leads me to have no theological issues with saying that our beloved pets will be included in the the coming of God's kingdom to this earth. But then again, I would guess we might have some differences in eschatological theology as well... smile. I love ALL of God's creatures - some at my side, others on my plate!

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile