I went the opposite way of most folks, I started deer hunting in 3rd grade. Started with a 243. Worked fine, but the owner of the ranch was hunting wiht a bear recurve which got me worked up... by the time I was in 10th, I had started with a bow and hunted mostly with bow, moving up to where for about 20 years I hunted only with a bow, over 100 big game kills( stopped counting somewhere over 100) later, I flat ran out of the time required, we lost a deer lease, the next one wouldn't allow archery and so on....
With much less time than I had to, i've gone back to not even shooting a bow some years, and last 2 I've had injuries that prevent it.... I have shot a deer with crossbow the last 3 or 4 yeras running though.

But archery flat got to be just WAY too much hard work, and I had other things that were more pressing.

So while most "gun" hunters don't get turned onto the bow till late, I did it early and eventually actually got bored with it.

So bored that long range rifle shots were a much larger challenge and I kind of drifted that direction.

But I hunt with everything I own at times. And, other than where legalities get in the way, I don't pay much attention to what season it is, as long as what I want to grab is legal.

Thats been lately, 32-20 old 1892 Win, Kimber 45acp, 329 PD, civil war smoothbore musket, couple of Renegade MZ, 30-30, 30-30 pistol, 308 a lot lately, 7x300wtby, 223, 50 beowulf, and so on.... seems more fun to try things with different rounds lately to me... and have an unfired 257 Wtby and a 284 Win currently...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....