I started out shooting a bow when I was very young (3 or 4). I have always shot a recurve, never used a compound for hunting. I have shot relatives compounds at targets to try, it is much easier than using a recurve, especially if you have good shooting mechanics.
I recently picked up my father in laws Hoyt compound prior to a trukey hunt last spring. I shot 3 arrows into the center dot on his block target from 20 yards, several times. It felt like using a gun almost with the release etc. I had not shot a compound with sights before and was amazed at how relatively easy it was. Kind of made me want to buy one tell the truth.

I do love bowhunting, I also love rifle hunting again now that I have somewhere I can do it without condending with road hunters chasing deer with thier pickups. I gave it up years ago until I met my current wife, whose grandfather runs a large cattle ranch with abundant deer. I still see people out during rifle season, but not like it was before. I enjoy whatever can get me in the woods or out on the prairies more. The solitude and peace of bowhunting is what I enjoy the most, something that I can enjoy with rifle in hand also.

Isaiah 6:8