Okanagan;
I trust that this finds you and yours well tonight sir.

The story of your Sidekick going up the logging roads made me smile and grimace at the same time - I'll bet the pickups were Dodges like mine, weren't they? frown

Mine is great for turning into a first class bobsled on snow.....

Anyway the smile part of it was that a good friend took our youngest daughter and I out turkey hunting up the east side in his two door Sidekick/Tracker machine.

We're going in some goofy steep places, traversing a fair bit of snow too and since I'm sitting in the back seat with his bow and pack I'm looking around for recovery gear and not seeing any.

So I casually ask, "You don't have come along do you?"

"No" comes the reply from the driver.

"How about a shovel and a piece of rope?" I ask - now a little more concerned.

"Nope, them neither Dwayne" he says.

Now I'm full blown interested in the situation - so I inquire as politely as possible, "Just when do you make the decision that it's too steep or too much snow then?"

"Oh that's easy Dwayne" he laughs, "it's when I have to stick it in 4 wheel drive!" Then to add insult to injury sir, he shows me by popping the transfer case lever into 4WD....

Much as I love our Cummins for some things, for others like steep, snow covered ice roads it's close to not much use at all.

Oh, our eldest and I are trying to convince my wife that she needs a Tracker. We found a nice 2 door, tin top in Summerland that is really clean, but the guy wants two arms and a leg for it.

All the best to you and yours sir, good luck on your hunts and as always you all are in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 10/09/12. Reason: added info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"