Originally Posted by M99ER
'98 1.6 5spd JX

That's not a tippy canoe on top. The tippy canoe was the driver. Me! shocked The Sidekick just rested there for the night and I stayed in a nearby camp until morning where we went into town to hire a wrecker to pull it out. I still drive this as a second vehicle.

[Linked Image]

Damned logging trucks had made a curve very treacherous by causing a substantial amount of loose golf ball sized gravel and rocks to be sitting near the right side of the left turning banked curve. I turned the wheel but it was if I was on ice. Brakes were useless on those 'marbles' as well.

Being more than half blinded by the setting sun on the horizon, speed and road conditions, plus a few beers (a number of times in a row) added up to making a strange way to park your ride for the night. crazy By the time the glare was gone, I saw the curve and realized the conditions, it was too late! If I had gone in the ditch a mere 10 feet sooner/closer, I would have flipped it into a brook and just about submerged the whole vehicle. Under those branches to the right lies a huge pool of water. The branches are remnants of a deconstructed beaver dam.

I love this pic of your Suzi knowing that it has run over an old beaver dam and stopped with a pond just beyond! Thank God for brush that has stopped my progress in the wrong direction sometimes. With my first small Suzi which preceded the Samurai, we slid off of a steep muddy skidder trail and every breath made it slide farther down the top of a 400 foot steep slope. Three of us were elk hunting and we simply picked up one end by the bumper and lifted it back on the road.

The engine runs in amazingly deep water also, stock, without a snorkel. whistle I did some unintentional testing of that.