Originally Posted by Okanagan
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Personally, i would go with the Sidekick based on the size alone. Of course, I am 6' 5" and leg room is an issue.

+1 though I am only 5' 10". I have a Sidekick four door for the extra room. It has hauled a lot of game with and without the back seat in, and has enough room for me to sleep in without unloading my stuff. It is ideal for one hunter, OK for two on shorter trips.

My son and I have owned two Samurai's and two Sidekicks between us. As indicated by others, Samurai is a better off road 4x4, Sidekick does all I want it to. Last winter while hunting predators I drove up a steep logging road in snow without thinking much about it, explored new areas awhile and came back to find two new 4x4 pick-ups trying to get up the same steep stretch.

A fellow in Oregon near Portland makes diesel conversion kits or will put a diesel in a Suzuki for you. I've driven two of the diesel converts and they are NICE.

Yeah I have ridden in one of those that had a conversion to a VW Turbo Diesel in it...was a great practical little rig! it was in a Tracker..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez