I have a few #1's ranging from .22 Hornet to the mighty .416 Rigby. Shoot a few from the Rigby and the .375 H&H feels like a pussycat. The .404 jeffery is mild campared to the .375 and .416 but that's because some yahoo put a muzzle brake on the gun. One thing I am looking for is an Alex Henry forearm that will be used on the .35 Whelen build I plan in doing. I have "B" moel in 30-06 that won't shoot worth a damn but has very nice wood in the butt stock. I want to rebarrel it to .35 Whelen with a 1 in 12" twist. One rifle I always wanted as one of thos Farquharsons. I always thought they were supper cool. I'm thinmy my #1 build with about a 27" barrel and the A. Henry fforend, decent iron sights similar to the period would maake me a reasonably nice clone of the "Farkie". I'd still go with a scope though as my 74 yeaar old eyeballs and iron sights just are no longer compatible. JUst my idea of what a good looking #1 should look like. cool
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE