Bricktop, the 300th meridian runs through the ranch. In addition to the basics you mention there are numerous differences between the regulations in TX/OK, down to shooting coyotes as varmints. Just a few involve legal shooting hours, blaze orange, vehicle utilization, land owner/tenant exemptions, and the list goes on. Fortunately, most of the state line has been bull dozed or brush hogged for easy ID, but the south mile to mile and a half is very rough country and unless you are looking at a GPS device, it is easy to stray.

It is just simpler to use food plots and feeders to lure the Okie deer across the state line. Longer seasons, shooting hours, and I have a lifetime of what is kosher imprinted into my brain. Small changes are easy to adjust to. Major changes, not so much. Or maybe it is the other way round?

Next time I am out that way (I am going to hunt boss rancher's place in TX this weekend), perhaps I need to sit doen to a coffee with an OK warden. Sometimes the computer/printed regulations are interpeted a little differently in real life. (Two things that come to mind is the coyote thing [a furbearer] and the handicap registration for my Mule. [TX does not register Kawasaki Mules, without modificationsto get street legal]). jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero