Indy. I never said I would ever get as fast as a train rapid fire target marksman. My point was with a little practice you could rapidly reloa a ,in the case, Ruger #1 just about as fast as the average bolt action shooter. I hear you about them dropping the butt from the shoulder to admire the shot whistle but that's something I don't do with my bolt guns. do far I haven't found a convenient way to rapid reload my Rugers while keeping the but on the shoulder. Seems like my arms just ain't long enough. frown One of the things you do have to learn though it to keep your eye on the game while doing the reload. That's where the practice really comes in. Neck sized brass that might work just fine in a bolt gun is a strict no no. During part of the reloading action, the muzzle must be pointed down at an angle steep enough for that properly sized round to literally slide in easily strictly by gravity. One of the reasons I prefer the Rugers is thee's no hammer to mess with. My browning B78 drops the hammer to half cok when you close the actio and it'd a real bear trying to get my thumb under the scope to recock the hammer especially if it's cold and I'm wearing gloves. On those days that one stays home. Anyway, the challenge is to take your game with that first hopefully well aimed shot. Right?
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 11/24/12.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE