Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Jeff,

I've shot the 167gr scenar and the 185gr version in several .308's. They shot very well on paper and steel, but I have hardly any experience shooting big game with those two .308 diameter bullets. It was hard to use anything but the 155's after seeing how well they shot. It(155gr)actually has a higher BC than the 167gr. I'll bet those 185's would really shine in a 30/06 or .300WM.

Are you shooting the 185 Bergers? .308 Win.?

Yes exactly. 185 VLD target bergers, 308 26 inch rock tube.

I just still have an old aversion to light bullets from when we started shooting targets out to 1000. ANd have an aversion to large exit wounds and lots of meat damage but thats just my problem. Luckily.

I keep thinking of trying the 155s since they have a high BC, but keep thinking of how frangible they might be. But you may have just convinced me to see how they'd go out of a 10 twist... if you only have 1.5 inch exit out of elk shoulders then its not blowing up like a BT either and maybe not quite like a berger hunting version either.

Thanks, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....