I've only killed three animals with the 155gr Scenar so far, All launched from my .308 at a MV of about 2865. Initial impressions are that it is a MUCH harder bullet than a Berger Hunting VLD or Ballistic Tip and that internal damage is not nearly as severe.

Shot this sow at about 125 yards. Bullet the bullet through the boiler room. Exit wound was not huge. Blood trail was minimal. She ran about 100 yards. With Hunting VLDs, I usually don't get an exit on pigs of this size, but they also usually don't make it more than a few steps.

[Linked Image]

Shot this youngster the same morning at 165 yards. He was facing me straight on and I put a bullet in the center of his chest. DRT. Bullet exited vicinity of his hips. Exit wound was not much larger than bullet diameter.

[Linked Image]

Shot this buck opening day this year. He was a hair over 300 yards, slightly quartering away. I put the bullet in the last rib on the near side. It exited the front part of the opposite shoulder, center punching the heart en route. The exit wound was very small and there was no blood trail to speak of. The buck ran 40 - 50 yards. Internal damage was minimal to every thing but the heart, which was nearly split in two.

[Linked Image]

The 155gr Scenars have been VERY easy to get to shoot well, easier for me than is typical with the Hunting VLD, but, so far, I much prefer the on-game performance of the Hunting VLDs or Nosler Ballistic Tips. I'll probably use the Scenars on critters some more, but will likely try to center punch shoulders when doing so.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14