I just shot a huge Russian boar after dark tonight with a 155 scenar. 200 yards 2 and 1/2 hours after sunset using an Elusive Wildlife brand Blindsider green light. Rifle was a Weatherby Vanguard II, .30-06 caliber with about 2850 MV using a load of 56 grains of IMR 4350. This rifle doesn't open easy with higher loads. The scope is a 4X12 Leupold VX-R with lighted reticle. Everthing lined up perfect, the light was on, the hog was eating, the hold and shot were steady. Fired at mid ribs and after recovery from recoil the hog was gone. Rifle is sighted in at that distance and I can't believe it was a miss. Haven't missed one shooting from a dead rest in years. No blood, no hair, nothing. I have noticed when shooting milk jugs full of water the Scenar does not blow them up like our .270 with Winchester Power Points does. Will report back tomorrow after my son and his girlfriend and I do a search. Wasn't too interested in tracking dangerous game alone in the dark Louisiana jungle. I'm on Xarelto blood anti coagulant and could end up bleeding more than the pig.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."