Originally Posted by ppine
Sore,
We all have respect for your opinion. As a mule man, I would point out the similarities of mustangs to long ears.

We can use a dog analogy. I love dogs and currently have 3 purebred herding dogs. One has problems with his hips, and one has a wolverine temperment. My crossbred dogs of similar breeds have had none of these problems. Imagine feral dogs that have to fend for themselves. The weak and specialized dogs get weeded out. Only the strong ones survive to reproduce.

My thinking about mustangs has gone full circle. I am tired of quarter horses with big round feet that flake off
and like to buck for fun. They eat too much and sometimes aren't very nimble in the steep stuff.
Being cowy makes up for it some of the time. If you don't like mustangs you have probably never ridden a good one. They are very common around here and are able to compete with other breeds chasing cows, in the backcountry, for endurance riding, trail trials, and for everyday use like feed lots and US Border Patrol.

The last mule I owned that really hurt me cost $5000 and came from far away.

If that is your experience with quarter horses then you were scraping the bottom of the barrel when you acquired them.

My quarter horses have people friendly dispositions and seldom buck when braking, their feet do not flake off and are extremely sure footed and athletic in any terrain

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first