I would like to make a few point that have not been made.

1. I wish these guys all the luck, hope that get to go on this journey.

2. people use to adopt mustangs because they were cheap. Now though if you watch Craigslist you can pick up a registered two year old filly for 600-700 hundred.

3. You know a quarter will mature to around 15 hands and around 1000 pounds, mustages are usually a lot smaller, and may physically have problems caring a larger rider.

4. These are not the mustangs of history. The mustangs of history roamed all of the Texas, Kansas, and Nebraska plains. They lived on good grass that now feeds cattle. Mustangs today live on scrub brush and some grass, they live in small pockets of land were a lot of inbreeding occurs. They are living on land no one wanted to buy so it became BLM land. Also a lot of these animals have draft horse blood, during the great depression many farmers would just set their horses free because they could not feed them.

5. Lastly you can't kill mustangs, which directly leads to an overpopulation of the ares they live on, just not enough grass for them all.

6.Personally I would like to see every horse, and cow taken off federal lands..................I would like to see those areas left for Deer, elk, and antelope...........yes I hunt.

Thanks

Last edited by nealglen37; 01/20/13.