It's been up a month. I'm surprised I missed it! I have bursitis in my left shoulder from a rotor cuff tear. I've been told that the muscles holding the joint tear or get weak and the joint closes more than it should and you get pressure. You either rehab the muscles or take the weight off the joint. I had 6 months of therapy and do exercises, but it still hurts. Shoveling snow really hurts. Hey, I'm a landscaper. I have to dig. That and rake... That hurts too! I do exercises and take the hottest showers I can stand. I have a bad knee too and it's much the same. I have 3 different braces to wear. I have been told that the more I support the knee, the weaker it will get. I have a compression sock type brace, a brace with straps, and a brace with metal hinges and straps. I wear the brace with straps a lot out mowing and such. Then I take it off. Around the house, nothing. Icy Hot gel isn't a bad idea either. I get bad stomach aches from Advil but my doctor wants me to take 2 children's Advil a day. I do it when I'm hurting, which really helps but I take the morning one with a prilosec. I think the more you can do, the longer you will last. You just have to be careful.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson