Originally Posted by 65BR
Thanks for the info gang - always wanted a 10, love 41s, and a 10 is next on my bucket list.

Curious as folks compare the 10 to the 357. What about the 357 Sig? I suppose you are limited on bullet weights in that round, but wonder do those OEM guns have any issues that some of the 'unsupported 10s' have re: case issues/safety?

Thanks.
I guess it depends on what you want to do with that .357 Sig. If you're wanting .357 Magnum power in an auto pistol, I heartily recommend the 9x23 Winchester which is a better cartridge in most every way. But the downfall of the 9x23 is the fact that you won't find it on the shelves of a gun store. Internet purchases, or reloading is about the only way to get it.

The .357 Sig has a horrible muzzle blast, and it's a pain to reload. Early .357 Sig brass had problems with case neck separation, but that's all been worked out. The .357 Sig is generally somewhat expensive, and less hard to find than other popular handgun cartridges, but at least as, or more common than 10mm.

I personally don't much care for the .357 Sig, but it does have one distinct advantage. When ammo gets scarce, generally you can still find .357 Sig ammo.