Dave asked how many shells I had. "Three in the magazine and 4 in my pocket" I answer. "Is that all?" he said. "Well I have a box and a half in camp, how many do you think I need right now"? I answer. Dave said "Give me the four. Sometimes when one is wounded we need to keep shooting so I'll hand you shells to reload".
We eased over to the ridge. I got in position with my rifle in front of me but stayed below the ridgeline. Dave wanted the ram to stand so we waited. After about 15 minutes Dave went back to get his video camera and my water bottle. Shortly after he returned he looked through the scope and said the ram was up. Dave doesn't want a round in the chamber until you are ready to shoot. I had the bolt open so slid it shut, but it wouldn't close. I open the bolt, saw the round was in the chamber, dropped the clip out because the second round was causing the jam. Closed the bolt, fixed round two and put the clip back in. A deep breath then I eased over the rim, saw the ram broadside facing my left. Crosshairs settled at the elbow and I squeezed one off. Shot felt good, second round in the chamber, ram had turned 180 degrees, crosshairs lined up and round two dumps him into a headfirst slide. Dave says "You just killed one hell of a ram!" I shook his hand and said "Glad I didn't embarrass myself by needing to ask you for a shell". Here is the view over my rifle barrel. That's all for today, more tomorrow.
[Linked Image]