It is after 3:00 and much to do so Dave gets started caping, quartering, and loading packs. Out we go back toward the horses. This hike was even worse for me because Dave sent Curt and I out ahead of them knowing they would catch up. Curt and I had to pick our own path and I couldn't avoid looking down.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
To be honest I only had a light load of gear, Kish wanted the heavy load and I told him it was a young man's job so thanks a bunch.
[Linked Image]
Back at the horses everyone was tired, including the horses. We rested and drank the last of our water, then led the horses down the slope until it was level enough to ride. We replenished our water at springs along the way.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
At one stop Dave and Curt found the scattered bones of a dead grizzly, several years old. Curt was able to bring the skull home as a keepsake.
One last look back at where it happened.
[Linked Image]
A couple hours later we were back in camp, coffee then dinner. You know what it is. We also had sheep heart. It was OK but the tenderloins were the best.
[img]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l528/54Woody/Yukon/139_zps25e640a8.jpg[/img]