A little information about this picture.
[Linked Image]
The ram I shot was perched on the rock outcropping above the rifle barrel. It was slightly down hill although it doesn't appear so in the picture. The other rams were bedded 25 to 30 yards below him. My first shot was high lung and angled back exiting behind the ribs. Not sure on the second shot, somewhere in the chest, Dave said I killed him with both shots. The second shot knocked him off the right side of the ledge and he slid head first down the slope. Lucky he slid rather than rolled. The other rams ran toward him and stopped when he stopped.
For some of you, sorry I used gray tape on the muzzle rather than the proven blue. For Ingwe, if you are following, I used a .270.
The other rams seemed confused. Dave said I killed the leader and they were waiting for him to lead them. The whole gang rushed over and we grabbed cameras and video and got some decent footage of the remaining rams.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
When Curt saw this one he said his first thought was that I killed the wrong one.
[Linked Image]
In a few minutes they decided the king was dead and the new king lead them off and away.
[Linked Image]