When the sky started to clear in late afternoon we all rode up to our glassing spot. 100 yards from it a bull stands up and suprises us. I say 'Bull" and slide off the right side of my horse to get out of sight. Dave does the same and waves everyone else down. I'm getting my rifle out but there must have been too much activity because he didn't stand still long. I was hoping he would run a little ways and stop to look back. No such luck. He ran on past the glassing knob into the ravine. We went down and glassed the rest of the evening. He was a decent bull, at least 55 inches wide. We think he stopped in the heavy cover and held up because if he headed on down hill he would have crossed an open bog and we thought we would have seen him. So we kept looking. This rainbow popped out. I think it brought the moose luck.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Later in the evening we saw a good black bear eating blueberries. Dave asked if I wanted him and I said not really. I had killed black bears before. Dave suggested he could be a camp problem so I said I would take him if he wanted but really wanted a moose. Dave said let's leave the bear and tomorrow we would take moose or bear or both if given the opportunity. We went back to the horses and headed to camp for the night.
[Linked Image]