......the big paint is a great trail horse.....I've taken him straight up, nasty, rough trails.....he never misses a beat......doesn't like crosing bridges or water much, but I can manage that.<BR>He one big flaw is.....he hates being tied up! He has broken every kind of lead I've tried....even pulled out the turnbuckle from the barn a couple of times. More strength than sense for sure! He usually breaks the latch on the leads.....and I hate to just tie a rope lead straight to the halter, I like the convience of taking the latch on and off with ease. He is fine as long as he is not left un-attended, but as soon as he is by himself, something is gonna break!<P>B'cat,....do you think the rope line you use will have enough give to it that he won't be able to break it? I'm thinking tieing him to something solid gives him the ability to break it, but something that will stretch or give might hold......<BR>....I'm thinking of stretching a line in the pasture and keeping him tied up all night as though I was in the backcountry.....would rather know now if I can hold him for an over-nighter! [Linked Image]<BR>....may have to go to Boggy's electric fence idea......but dand it....I need to be able to tie him up!<BR>...any ideas????<BR>DS

'Slayer