Slayer,<P> You have to be very careful, these things can work, or be a death trap. We had neighbours who tied the mare to a fence, and she strangled herself because there was no give.<P> The rule in guide books is to never tie a horse up with a briddle, or a chain. On the bridge of the nose you have there wind pipe and many sensory nerves, which can create a lot of damage.<P> A couple method I have been told about are you take some sort of rope and place it inbehind the ears, then run it through the ring under the chin on the halter. Make sure you you wrap the rope in cotton or some sort of material so it doesn't cut into them.<P> The other method I have seen in magazines and TV, it is similar to the other method, but instead of going behind the ears it goes inbehind the withers, between the front legs and through the ring. Make sure you are nearby to make sure nothing goes wrong. <P> Also with a horse that fights like that, there is no give in a rope or chain, which can actually throw their spine off, and cause severe muscle damage in the neck. You can pick up almost any vet book and see the results. Having a strong rubber lead of some sort to tie with during the training is a good idea, because it gives, but it is still strong.<P> the guy whos horses I am training tried this on one of his mares that would pull post out of the ground, all she did was tried pulling three times, and to this day has never attempted to pull again.<P> Well good-luck, and keep a watchful eye, because horses panic and can get themselves into trouble.<P>Tonya [Linked Image]