Well I never shot a 260, hunted for four seasons from 1980-84 with a 7mm-08, I have shot and still do shoot a 6.5 x55. Nope not that you would be able to tell with the numbers of White tail and Elk you are ever going to be able to shoot in your life time. One of my old buddies from Alaska, shot all his moose with a 7mm-08 thought it was the very very best cartridge for the job. He would shoot a good 15 or so Moose with a box of cartridges, he would check zero from time to time. With the other 5. The key will always be putting the bullet in the right spot. So Marksmanship skill is first in importance, you could then say Bullet and Bullet construction for the task at hand second and third the cartridge you launch the bullet from, sights could be forth on the list ( you have to be able to see well enough with the sights to shoot accurately enough for the conditions) and sixth the rifle itself, it can be anything as long as it fits you and it has a reasonably good trigger. All this is contrary to the folks here at the 24 hour Campfire. Were endless experimentation and hair splitting rules supreme. We all have at one time or another chased the purple dragon of finding that perfect combination of rifle-cartridge-bullet- sights and accuracy. Its what makes hunting and shooting the finest of all sports, I will leave Flyrods and trout fishing for another day.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov