No, not even close to touching. Now you are making me take needless pics. cry grin There is about 1/8"-1/4" clearance between the Talley mounts and my bolt. I am even pushing it forward with my finger to take up any bolt play. Talley mounts are drilled symmetrically for my rifle. Thats one of their selling points that they can be turned universally to adapt for different scopes. I called them about this before I ordered mine directly from them. I was worried about not getting the scope back far enough. They recommended to turn the mounts around if needed and added they were designed that way. You cant even screw these mounts up even if you tried. The front and the rear are even drilled in different places so you cant mix that up. Perhaps the Kimber is different? The way I have them turned now keeps a nice wide grip onto the scope and they both are pointing in the same direction. I know my OCD could never live with it rubbing. laugh

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
You still better turn that back ring around! The square portion of the bolt will rub the bottom of your base. The Kimber bolt has too much play for it not to make contact. The bottom of the base slightly over hangs and there isn't enough clearance to be trouble free.

Trust me, I've owned a few....and I use Talley LW's on them all.

Last edited by mystro; 02/18/14.

The Lord loves humility.