I dont mind shooting in the wind and cold but hate sighting in a new rifle in them. This new rig gave me a reason to go to the range and get out of the house. Any day at the range with a new gun is going to be a good day. Our big game season is over in January with a late muzzleloader and bow season. I started predator hunting a few years back for somthing to do this time of year.

At first I was excited to go shooting on Saturday with a freak warm up we are getting the next few days but after the last few big snows this past week, it isnt going to be a stessless few days. Our big concern today through Saturday is unseasonably warm and rain on a 18-28" snow pack in the valley and more in the mountains and up north.
I have a few buddies as well as family that are in flood terain and last time this happend was not good. I have a feeling I will be moving furnature and appliances all weekend. I live on top of a mountain with no danger of flooding but the valley might get hammered.
We had a big one of these a few years ago and many are still recovering.
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by mystro
[quote=mystro]

[i]I want to first report the conditions of the range today in Central Pa. HORRIBLE 30 degrees with 15-25 mph winds with gust over 30 mph. I was the only guy out there other than a truck that stopped briefly and left. in those crappy conditions.

Sounds like a normal winter day in the Northeast. smile

More importantly those conditions are pretty normal here or out west during fall hunting season. So,it's worthwhile to practice under those conditions and let the groups fall where they may.

Last edited by mystro; 02/19/14.

The Lord loves humility.