I wore out a 22/250 and a 243 barrel on a 700 platform, trying to get good groups of 1/2" or less. I had a very popular expensive well known scope on the rifle(high power). As the 243 barrel was getting long in the throat, I changed out the scope, darn thing started shooting 1/2" group. Went to other loads, tiny groups.

I had a New rifle of another brand with a long throat(new) that would only shoot 1" groups.

There was an instance of an off brand in 7 Mag that I spent all Summer working on with no luck at all.

Many of the old Ruger tang safety and #1's had crap for barrels. The barrels that Ruger puts on their rifles today are top notch.

Most of the issues related to rifles that won't shoot are related to bedding, barrel touching stock, bad scopes, mag boxes pushing up on the center of the action. It is not common knowledge how the regular guy can tweek out his gun for accuracy.

Another issue that is taboo is how wind effects accuracy. Shooters refuse to address the issue of how wind moves bullets around. A $60-$100 wind flag will save you hundreds in reloading components and you will get more enjoyment out of your shooting equipment.