Originally Posted by jorgeI
We differ because you are, in my opinion-based on your posts, a left of center moderate. You keep assuming and trying to put words in other folks' mouth.. Third time now (and maybe it will sink in) I supported the challenger in this election and condemmed the establishment GOP. Then again, I was totally against that kook-female in Delaware. Didn't like the establishment Repubican either, but ANYTHING is better than ANY democrat. If that isn't the antithesis of pre-conceived and lock step, again, I can't help you. And your remedy is....?
Okay, my apologies for getting your meaning wrong. I should have apologized earlier, but I was at the doctor's office.

First, apologies for such a long rebuttal, but I just want to be as clear as possible on how I'm neither left or right.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
We differ because you are, in my opinion-based on your posts, a left of center moderate.

I�m just not on the scale; that�s the problem. Republicans and Democrats are always very uneasy with a true independent, because they feel a need to �classify� a person and put them in a box. And of course that box is on THEIR scale.

I�m betting you�re neither Nazi or Communist, Nazi being right wing and Communist being Left wing...so on that scale, I�m betting you would find yourself just not fitting anywhere because you have nothing in common with Nazi's or Communists; what do you think?

You say I�m a left of center moderate. Let�s re-visit what I stand for politically and see what you think. I�ve laid out what my political platform and beliefs are here....
From this thread: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...e/Re_What_happened_to_Jeff_O#Post8934935

As background of why I made this post...I believe someone again labeled me a moderate and said I don�t stand for anything, and here�s how I responded...
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Quite the opposite, I left the Republican party because I do stand for something, and I figured out the ONLY thing they stand for is the vote...Prove to me I'm wrong.

I stand for sound economics; neither party has a clue what that is.

I stand for personal privacy; neither party agrees with me.

I stand for the 2nd Amendment; one party is against, the other party will sell out if the price is right.

I stand opposed to the "War on Drugs" because it's a miserable failure; both parties disagree with me.

I stand for religious freedom; One party is for anything but Christianity, the other is for Christianity only.

I stand for congressional term limits; both parties disagree with me.

I stand for congressional accountability for dealing with lobbyists; both parties disagree with me.

I stand for a "fair tax" (consumption based taxation); both parties disagree with me.

Do you see why I'm not interested in either party yet?

So looking at that, I�m not sure how one gets �left of center�. If I'm constantly in disagreement with the left and the right, thinking both are just wrong, I don't see how that puts me in the center. Center would mean I agree with half of one side and half of the other side. So I'm not even on the scale; I'm not a moderate, I'm an Independent...I'm completely Independent of the ways and agendas of the Republican and Democratic parties.

I just don�t think either party has the answers to America�s problems. Instead I think the Republican and Democratic parties ARE America's problem.

I think you get the impression I�m a bit to the left because my views are often contrary to members of this foum; so I can get how you would think that. This forum is very pro-Republican and very pro right wing. So you never get to see how I respond to Democrats and leftists because we just don't really have any here. So since I�m in opposition to the very Republican views on this forum, it can seem at times I appear pro-left...but if we took the left's side on the same exact issue, you'd see me tear into them.

I mean look at my list above..I�m betting you agree with me on more than one issue listed above, yet BOTH parties stand opposed to my position. So how does that make me left or right...I�m just not on the scale.