Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Stupid logic Denny? Stupid is you continually coming on here and bitching about your neighbors and all the hillbillies.

Sorry you had a stroke and can't do a God damned thing for yourself and sorry that you can't find anyone there that wants to do a God damned thing for you.

Carry on

Well aware of my limitations and I lead a full active life enjoying retirement. Stroke ? It is what it is yet frustrating at times.

Scheduled FIVE guys to work the other day. These are guys that have been asking me for work on a regular basis. Only one showed up and that was because he didn't have beer money.

My irritating post is reflected by some of my elderly neighbors that have lived here their entire lives and have nobody to turn to. Common for some old folks to call 911 for the slightest of injuries or maladies because they are afraid.

25 year old guy running the log skidder has a third grade education.

Big drug bust here recently. When the cops arrived the dealers teenage son was caught raping his 8 year old brother in the middle of the dirt road.

Call it culture shock for me. I'll adapt.

I think you're on to something regarding "culture shock". It can be a real challenge depending on your perspective and your life experience. I learned how strong culture shock can be after leaving the Northwest to attend college in the Midwest. I drove home in record time after school let out for the year. ..stopped only once for sleep at Baker City, Oregon. I had a couple of friends that came out and stayed with me so they could work in harvest. They were shocked at a few things out here as well. smile