You do what works for the area you're hunting. Come down south and hunt like you do in Oregon and you'll be wasting your time, the deer will dive into thickets and you'll never see them as you walk all over the woods. Likewise if I came to Oregon and hunted the way I do down south I'd probably be wasting my time. The problem is that people can't seem to get it through their heads that the way they do things in their area doesn't work everywhere else. There's a lot of the attitude of "those stupid lazy southerners don't know how to hunt because they hunt out of treestands" exhibited on the 'fire by many of the western hunters and it gets old. The statement of "No, they sat on their azz and shot deer they knew would be there" shows just such an attitude and lack of knowledge. Nobody down here "knows" where a given deer will be, it doesn't work that way with our whitetails. We hunt that way because that's what works. A friend of mine killed a B&C buck that had been living on his land all his life as evidenced by his yearly sheds and that buck had never been seen until the day my friend killed him, the buck was 6.5 years old and had been living within shouting distance of his house the whole time. For the most part our deer are nocturnal, your best chance is when they slip up during the rut. Thinking that you're going to pattern a big buck off of a game camera in Mississippi well enough to get a shot in daylight is extremely naive.