@ bfrshooter; Why don't you put a clamp on that he-man mouth and attitude of yours and let Logger load his .44 Mag the way HE wants to? He has his reasons and they don't concern you. Perhaps he's looking for a HD load, and doesn't want any excess penetration,... Who knows? Why the hell should you care? It's his load preference, back off and leave it to him.

Logger; try 7gr. Green Dot; 6gr. Bullseye; or 6.5gr.Universal w/just about any 240gr. lead bullet/primer/MAG case you want/have for about 900FPS.
In SPL. cases, drop about a grain to grain/half for about 750-800 FPS +/-. These loads are about the same in both my SBH and Redhawk w/71/2 brls.(within 10 FPS).

Once you get comfortable with something along these velocities, you might feel like trying a 180gr. XTP w/31 gr. H-110in MAG cases(WW) and WLPM primers for 1700+ FPS (1758 chronoed @ 12' in the SBH)w/ Oehler 35P. OR.....200 XTP over 17gr. Blue Dot in MAG cases/standard primers(WW&WLP) for 1524 avg. again in both Rugers. These loads came straight from the manuals-- SPEER #10 and HORNADY-- and should be worked up to in your own guns.

As an aside, all the above loads have taken deer. The lead 240s at 15-20 yds.broadside from my stand, and the XTPs out to 65 yds.. All were/are still accurate in my Rugers. Work up the most accurate ones in yours and be happy. Don't let anyone discourage you in your search for whatever you choose, especially in the shooting fields. Good Luck and Happy Shooting.
WILL.

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.