Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=MikeL2
Yeah, bump stocks will get banned. The fight will be to make sure nothing else gets tacked onto the legislation.[/quote]

Republicans should tack on outlawing abortion. Think how many lives could be saved every year, guaranteed. You know, for the children.

If they want their bumpstocks it should cost them dearly.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/05/17.

LOL
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Republicans should tack on outlawing abortion. Think how many lives could be saved every year, guaranteed. You know, for the children.

If they want their bumpstocks it should cost them dearly.

Nice.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Obama administration OK'd bump stocks. M

Only thing they did right.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not an inch. All "feel good" legislation. kinda like "gun registration" when we all know it doesn't really exist, except maybe in Ill, CA, MA or some other sheithole

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/l...an-opens-door-action-bump-stocks-n807996

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that he wants Congress to look into so-called bump stocks, joining a growing number of Republican leaders who have expressed interest in taking action on the modifications that increase a weapon's rate of fire.

"Fully automatic weapons have been banned for a long time," Ryan told MSNBC host Hugh Hewitt. "Apparently, this allows you to take a semiautomatic and turn it into a fully automatic. So clearly that’s something we need to look into."

Ryan said that even though he's an avid hunter, he had never heard of the devices before Sunday's mass shooting in Las Vegas. "I think we’re quickly coming up to speed with what this is," Ryan said.

Republicans typically draw a hard line against any new rules to regulate guns, which they view as violations the Second Amendment. But the circumstances of the Las Vegas massacre, in which a dozen bump stocks were found in the shooter’s hotel room, and the longstanding consensus against automatic weapons, may create an opening for action.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bigger issue is how willing those on the right are willing to capitulate, and how willing many bumpstock owners would be to hand them over if they are banned.

If this issue goes without a fight, it will greatly embolden liberals that given the right catastrophe they will have no problem disarming us. Think long and hard about the cost of giving up ground.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If Trump signs a bill on any sort of gun control, he really WILL lose his base.

Most of his base are non-negotiable on gun control, period.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a bunch of defeatists. It's all in y'alls heads. The only new gun control should be taking guns away from all registered Democrats. Republicans should be authorized to do so and get to keep what they take. But seriously, doesn't anybody here actually believe what you are saying? Professor Lott summed it up years ago, "More guns equal less crime,". Take it seriously and remove the impediments to people defending themselves. IMO even worse than blatant infringements such as the 1968 GCA and the NFA are the current courts and the way they jail people for defending themselves. Let the dentist in OKC out of jail right now and hand him some money for the time spent behind bars. Quit letting these pogues bring civil suits against good shoots and let people defend their property with lethal force. The evil in this country would decrease exponentially. We need to quit wringing our hands and take our country back from the politicians and their masters the globalists.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What a bunch of defeatists. It's all in y'alls heads. The only new gun control should be taking guns away from all registered Democrats. Republicans should be authorized to do so and get to keep what they take. But seriously, doesn't anybody here actually believe what you are saying? Professor Lott summed it up years ago, "More guns equal less crime,". Take it seriously and remove the impediments to people defending themselves. IMO even worse than blatant infringements such as the 1968 GCA and the NFA are the current courts and the way they jail people for defending themselves. Let the dentist in OKC out of jail right now and hand him some money for the time spent behind bars. Quit letting these pogues bring civil suits against good shoots and let people defend their property with lethal force. The evil in this country would decrease exponentially. We need to quit wringing our hands and take our country back from the politicians and their masters the globalists.

Great post.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Let me leave this here.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A compromise typically leaves 2 dissatisfied parties.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
A compromise typically leaves 2 dissatisfied parties.

Not true. When one party has something, and the other party has nothing, the party to goes from having nothing and getting something is satisfied as they got something for nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
142 years ago General Gage sent Lt. Col. Smith and 700 British Army regulars to seize military supplies from Concorde, including powder, shot, and civilian owned artillery pieces. This started the war that made America free.

Now our 2nd Amendment core groups say that we have to ban pieces of plastic with springs inside because civilians have no use for them?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What some seem to realize is that every time they do a deal the dems get what they want and anybody else has to pony up.

One sided deals don't do it for me,might for you but not me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bargain, reasonable or sensible gun control, and compromise, are all spin words for suckers to swallow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very few people here are advocating giving up something in exchange for nothing. To me, these devices have no value and I would never want one. Even if that is true, I still wouldn't give in to legislation, unless and only if, the left was willing to give us back something of value in exchange. For me, as I have said, I would consider SBR and suppressor deregulation in exchange for these devices. Just letting them take something and getting nothing in return is submission. Getting something of value in exchange for something I don't care about is a net victory imo. If tomorrow, SBRs and suppressors were deregulated, and you could not buy a bump stock, you don't think you are better off? But yeah, if the other side isn't willing to give us something that I consider of the same or more value in exchange, I say fuggem.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Very few people here are advocating giving up something in exchange for nothing. To me, these devices have no value and I would never want one. Even if that is true, I still wouldn't give in to legislation, unless and only if, the left was willing to give us back something of value in exchange. For me, as I have said, I would consider SBR and suppressor deregulation in exchange for these devices. Just letting them take something and getting nothing in return is submission. Getting something of value in exchange for something I don't care about is a net victory imo. If tomorrow, SBRs and suppressors were deregulated, and you could not buy a bump stock, you don't think you are better off? But yeah, if the other side isn't willing to give us something that I consider of the same or more value in exchange, I say fuggem.

Whatever you "give", even if you get something in exchange, forever makes that object subject to regulation and federal control.

If they give you SBR and suppressors in exchange, those can and will be taken back the next time Democrats get a majority in Congress. You'll end up with nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's the opposition that you are negotiating with...

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) urged Ryan to allow a vote on a Democratic bill to ban the devices. When asked whether the bill might represent a slippery slope toward other gun restrictions, Pelosi said, “So what? . . . I certainly hope so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell no!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Once you sort through the BS there are some really good suggestions in this thread. Approach it from the standpoint we will support outlawing bump stocks. In return you support outlawing abortions which kill many more unborn children. After all children are the future of the nation!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (257_X_50, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.