-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the 60 vote rule in the Senate, republicans do not control the senate. Democrats can stop anything going forward in the senate. Get rid of the 60 vote rule and re-instate it before the next senate takes over if Democrats get the majority. Republicans need re-examine their tactics. This is not a fair fight.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's called the Reed Rule. He did it when he was majority leader. The R's prefer being the minority. That way the don't have to do anything and can complain.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I do not own an AR
I personally do not care if bump stocks are banned or not.

I do, however, care about my private rights being attacked because some wacko uses a bump stock to commit a crime.
Why should my rights be taken away because some guy uses a legally bought item to commit a crime??

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I do not own an AR
I personally do not care if bump stocks are banned or not.

I do, however, care about my private rights being attacked because some wacko uses a bump stock to commit a crime.
Why should my rights be taken away because some guy uses a legally bought item to commit a crime??

This.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...ion-we-didnt-say-ban-or-confiscate-them/

by IAN HANCHETT5 Oct 20173856
On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre stated that bump stocks make semi-automatic firearms function like automatic firearms and should be looked at to see if they follow federal law, but the NRA doesn’t believe they should be banned or confiscated.

LaPierre said of a bump stock, “I mean, any look at it, it takes a semi-automatic firearm and it makes it perform like a fully automatic firearm. It makes it function like one. And, what the NRA has said is, ‘We ought to take a look at that and see if it’s in compliance with federal law, and it’s worthy of additional regulation.’ That being said, we didn’t say ban. We didn’t say confiscate.”

Cancer Sucks
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm feeling generous today so I'll try and paint the picture a little better for all the retards (including Wayne) out there.

The reason Bump Fire's and their ilk are not Class III is because they do NOT dictate the cyclic rate of a weapon. The SHOOTER dictates the cyclic rate of the weapon when using these devices. When you start down the road of stating a SHOOTER can't dictate how fast he fires a weapon you just kicked the fugking door wide open to an outright ban on semi-autos.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm feeling generous today so I'll try and paint the picture a little better for all the retards (including Wayne) out there.

The reason Bump Fire's and their ilk are not Class III is because they do NOT dictate the cyclic rate of a weapon. The SHOOTER dictates the cyclic rate of the weapon when using these devices. When you start down the road of stating a SHOOTER can't dictate how fast he fires a weapon you just kicked the fugking door wide open to an outright ban on semi-autos.

Clark

What he said.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The first second of the first video I heard from LV and I knew the shooter was not using a full auto weapon, I immediately knew it had to be a bump fire stock just by the cadence of the fire. Unlike most folks, I have put thousands of rounds through REAL machine guns and there is no comparison.......

It's clear from his statement that LaPierre believes these devices should be regulated........if he REALLY believed the second meant what it says, he would be lobbying to kill the National Firearms Act which is a clear infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.......

Cancer Sucks
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
The first second of the first video I heard from LV and I knew the shooter was not using a full auto weapon, I immediately knew it had to be a bump fire stock just by the cadence of the fire. Unlike most folks, I have put thousands of rounds through REAL machine guns and there is no comparison.......

It's clear from his statement that LaPierre believes these devices should be regulated........if he REALLY believed the second meant what it says, he would be lobbying to kill the National Firearms Act which is a clear infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.......

Damn straight!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Damn straight!

of course the majority of us all agree with that. but, we also know once the original framers of the Constitution removed themselves from the scene, all was interpretation by the powers-that-be after that very moment.

it's all been subject to interpretation ever since. it means what the SCOTUS & supported by congress and the POTUS tells us it means. it's as simple as that.

the rest of you can vote and elect your representatives.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

THIS is my problem with the NRA, with Congress, and even with many on the Campfire in these discussions. Any gun law is un-Constitutional. Every gun law is unlawful. NO gun law has any force of law. But nearly everyone is pretending the opposite. As long as we are in LaLa land, any horseshit is possible. When we accept the reality of the only valid gun law ever written, the debate is over. You all should be ridiculing your representatives, not asking them to somehow fight for your rights. Your rights are ever only at threat from your government.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

THIS is my problem with the NRA, with Congress, and even with many on the Campfire in these discussions. Any gun law is un-Constitutional. Every gun law is unlawful. NO gun law has any force of law. But nearly everyone is pretending the opposite. As long as we are in LaLa land, any horseshit is possible. When we accept the reality of the only valid gun law ever written, the debate is over. You all should be ridiculing your representatives, not asking them to somehow fight for your rights. Your rights are ever only at threat from your government.

you know that, and i know that. but, the peace officers knocking on your door at 4am might not know that. nor the prosecutor, nor the jury, nor the judge. so we're right, but all alone in our rightness. and the prisons are full of folks who claim they are innocent. and they might well be for all i know.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

you know that, and i know that. but, the peace officers knocking on your door at 4am might not know that. nor the prosecutor, nor the jury, nor the judge. so we're right, but all alone in our rightness. and the prisons are full of folks who claim they are innocent. and they might well be for all i know.

Well, it should be taught in every civics class and law school, as well as every law enforcement training class. The fact that it isn't, and that an intelligent, law-honoring man then has to be afraid of the ignorance of the entire system of government from lowly peace officers up through national lawmakers should be the main topic of discussion in the aftermath of every "gun crime".

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

But super experienced renefag50 claimed it was a belt fed M60.

LMAO.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 72 invisible), 16,411 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,184
Posts18,543,283
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.