Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
A .44 mag with a 2" barrel is a loud .44 special with less velocity.

Wrong again. Not a friggin' clue.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Prove it. Please show 100 yard groups.I don't want to see 10' groups either but show 100+ yard deer shot. The keyboard smokes again.
You are a joke like JWP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once powder is gone, there is no more pressure to be had. powder that is left after peak will just sustain pressure, not make it more. It flattens the curve. Gas is limited when powder is all gone. It will drop to zero but some more powder will add gas.

Nope. The burning powder results in gas particles (the molecules) exploding outward. It’s like millions of molecule-sized baseballs being blown toward the bullet. All of those particles have energy and momentum. They push on whatever they are forced up against (in this case the rear of the bullet). If the barrel is long enough relative to the charge, the gas molecules will no longer accelerate the bullet (push it faster than it already is going), and then it has no effect. But, up until that point, and after the energy source (the burning of the powder) is done, those particles continue to push outward against the base of the bullet.

Analogy: When you throw a baseball, the only energy source pushing the baseball outward is the contact with the throwing hand. But long after the ball has left the hand, it continues to expand outward. And if the baseball, after it has been released, hits the back of a bullet, it will push that bullet in the same direction. Gas molecules are just like very little and lightweight baseballs, by the millions or billions. They continue to push on whatever they hit even after they are “thrown” (the powder burning ends). The burning does not still need to be occurring in order for the exploding gas molecules thereafter to move something (a bullet base) in front of it. This is very basic physics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Powder burns down the barrel and adds to pressure. After all the powder is consumed no more is added. .. I suppose you can run your truck on empty too. It is all the same, you need fuel.

If you run a truck while fueled at 90 mph, and then it runs out of gas, the truck briefly will be able to push something in front of it forward (e.g., slamming into Prius) even though the gas previously has been burned off. It's the moving truck that matters, not its engine that made it move in the first place.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I hope JB does not mind me posting this link. It is a great read, and a few here need a refresher....
Cut copy and paste....

https://www.loaddata.com/articles/PDF/Bench%20Topics%20LR%20(2).pdf

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CraigC
A .44 mag with a 2" barrel is a loud .44 special with less velocity.

Wrong again. Not a friggin' clue.

BFR, you really are proving every time you post that you really are clueless. To post something like that proves you really are all hot air. Seriously, its sad

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From the library of Princeton University. Go to Arms and the Man. I can't copy and paste it. It tells you exactly how powder burns. Google books.

Attached Images
Arms and the Man - Google Books.txt (23.58 KB, 8 downloads)
Last edited by bfrshooter; 01/17/18. Reason: Can't copy a picture.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most of what is left of burning powder is Carbon monoxide and it burns but with a blue flame.
Maybe you should do some research. Powder companies tell me you are wrong.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Prove it. Please show 100 yard groups.I don't want to see 10' groups either but show 100+ yard deer shot. The keyboard smokes again.
You are a joke like JWP.

What's the point? You either won't get it, will say I'm lying or you'll just ignore it, like you do with every other contrary piece of evidence. Just as you ignored Whit's test results with the 405gr .45Colt load in the 1-24" twist .454. Which to me, is the most compelling evidence to prove how wrong you are about all your twist rate nonsense.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You are a joke like JWP.

What's the point? You either won't get it, will say I'm lying or you'll just ignore it, like you do with every other contrary piece of evidence. Just as you ignored Whit's test results with the 405gr .45Colt load in the 1-24" twist .454. Which to me, is the most compelling evidence to prove how wrong you are about all your twist rate nonsense.

The point is I am correct so let's go through Whitworth's new book. From the start we agree with everything from velocity, energy and on, might be only 3 small points I will Question, not important at all. But these are the same things I posted for years and years and every single one was disputed by JWP, leading to arguing. Now Withworth says the same as I did but JWP does not go after him.
Now both of you have some explaining to do. Go to page 212 and see a picture of Whitworth sighting his .500 JRH.
THAT IS MY BENCH AND I TOOK THE PICTURE WITH WHITS PHONE! Now who in the heck is V. Ricadel? I sure never seen him on my range and have no idea who he is. Hey Whit explain that lie to me. Some of the penetration tests we did are shown wrong, I have the full list right in front of me. But I don't care about a few inches. But who is that guy that sneaked on my range?

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Actually Whit and I were testing loads on that day, not sighting in. We used the bullet I designed and made the mold for. Just working loads and I shot this at 50 yards.

Attached Images
th_50yardswiththe500JRHBFR.jpg (3.77 KB, 21 downloads)
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What the hell are you talking about? What does that have to do with your hair brained theory about twist rate? You said 405's in the .45 and 355's in the .44 won't work. We proved it did. Respond to that with something relevant and coherent or go back to the cheap whiskey.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Actually Whit and I were testing loads on that day, not sighting in. We used the bullet I designed and made the mold for. Just working loads and I shot this at 50 yards.

Oh my! A picture of a target with a hole in. Wow! +P+.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh, Gotdamn, where are my BC powders?! laugh

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe you should shoot the guns without wearing out the keyboards. Twist is not my theory at all, it is proven.
Quote by Steelhead, I'd suck a dog's dick..., maybe the dog will teach you something. Steelhead must have experience too.
Ignorance was born with the net.
Will Whitworth explain who V. Ricadel is. He thought I would never see that so he made up a name to keep me out.
My invite is always open, bring your smooth bore rifles or 3" revolvers here and I will have a crew of cameras to to record you.
You proved nothing, you only quote what Whit said So show what a .405 gr .45 does at 50 yards or more and also the 355 in the .44. I care less about 10 yards.
Your lead crown is melting, really made out of Alox, lead is too good for you. I call you JWP JR. I have more choice words but not allowed unless you pay to keep your place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are a joke like JWP.

The point is I am correct so let's go through Whitworth's new book. From the start we agree with everything from velocity, energy and on, might be only 3 small points I will Question, not important at all. But these are the same things I posted for years and years and every single one was disputed by JWP, leading to arguing. Now Withworth says the same as I did but JWP does not go after him.
Now both of you have some explaining to do. Go to page 212 and see a picture of Whitworth sighting his .500 JRH.
THAT IS MY BENCH AND I TOOK THE PICTURE WITH WHITS PHONE! Now who in the heck is V. Ricadel? I sure never seen him on my range and have no idea who he is. Hey Whit explain that lie to me. Some of the penetration tests we did are shown wrong, I have the full list right in front of me. But I don't care about a few inches. But who is that guy that sneaked on my range?

LOL you cant make this chit up

Last edited by gunchamp; 01/18/18.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Will Whitworth explain who V. Ricadel is. He thought I would never see that so he made up a name to keep me out.

I’d settle for him to explain who/what you are. LMAO

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
My groups get bigger the farther out i shoot, I gotta buy some new chit! crazy

Trump Won!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gunner500
My groups get bigger the farther out i shoot, I gotta buy some new chit! crazy

You’ll have to buy whatever it is that bfrshooter is drinking.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I've been doing it wrong all along, who knew? grin

Trump Won!
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,802 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.