Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Suggesting that the probability the US Government will be around in 25 years VS. Tract being around in 25 years as equivalent, is absurd.

Kinda what I was shooting for. Sorry you missed it. Next time I'll select my emoji more carefully.

How's this one?😛

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That’s an updated warranty, it hasn’t always been that way. I haven’t payed much attention to them since Trevor schitt the bed. Good for them.... they can check off one box.

I’ve seen a few good reviews on all of the Tract line.... I’ve also seen good reviews on the Simmons Mag 44 line of scopes.

Tract is far more concerned with getting their scopes on the cover of Outdoor Life, than they are with true performance. Reputation is everything in this market.... their reptutation is rather soiled here on the Fire.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Any company can go under, what about Remington at this moment? Always wondered how some get to so many post? Know now 30 or 40 post on the same thing but bring nothing new to the subject. Good golly miss molly.

Last edited by sidepass; 05/21/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Says the dude who posted multiple times on the “Royal Wedding” thread....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by sidepass
Any company can go under, what about Remington at this moment?

Remington is continuing on through bankruptcy (debt for equity swap), and even if they went kaput, I suspect someone else would buy the name and warranty the products, as their name and classic wares are too storied to go away anytime soon.

If Tract goes under, you'd better be pretty handy with optics repair, because you'll be doing your own warranty work.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would someone want to guinea pig themselves for a $1k scope that already has had some false starts off the line? I see it has an appealing look cosmetically, but it’s had issues that are documented per this thread...Why not spend dollars for a SWFA fixed or variable for the same money or less, knowing you’ve actually got a scope that will trac, repeat, and return to zero?

Drop test??? That dude way up North threw his rifle with a SWFA all over the place, hitting the ground and rocks, several times...It’s was ridiculous, and painful to watch...He picked up his rig, dialed up 1200 yards and “Kalaaang”.

I had no idea what a SWFA scope was all about...Happy to live in my Leupold world...But, I had to see what all the love fest was about...I Bought one...Saw that the box it came in couldn’t last a day lining a bird cage...No information inside...Just one heavy, well built scope that has decent glass...All for $299... I would jump all over a SWAFA 5-20x50 for $1299 and free shipping before buying a Tract Toric. Piece of mind is worth money...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I've had a Toric 3-15 for 8 months.

I bought it because of its price and specs and I'm not disappointed. I live 9000 miles from the US and have no reason to support an inferior product or to promote Tract.

The image resolution and glass in general is about on par with my Zeiss HD5. It tracks very well (I have a CDS turret on it) and it hasn't lost its zero inspite of many knocks and falls (I'm 69 and seem to tip over very easily nowadays). Its been on a gun rack on a quade bike for hundreds of miles and shaken around. Its stood up to this every day use which I think is more indicative than out of context so called "drop tests".

Its had a real work out through hunting in rough terrain dozens of times. New Zealand hunting is tough.

I like the ballistic reticle which is easy to use - I've used the first dot at 300 yards several times. Over and above that range I dial the turret.

I've shot 7 deer since Christmas using this 'scope and really can't fault it except for maybe the fact that the parallax adjustment has a push/pull lock which annoys me when I'm in a hurry. More friction and no lock would be better.

I don't doubt that there is the odd dud Tract 'scope. Just like with other brands. But I'm a very happy customer and would buy another one without hesitation.

(I can't seem to load pics, but I guess I will figure it out)

Last edited by NZSika; 05/29/18.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Welcome to the Fire and thanks for the report on how well your Toric has held up to field use. I bought a Toric 2-10×42 late last year and can't wait to test it out this coming up season.

Last edited by CarolinaHunter; 05/29/18.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.